Frequently asked questions and answers (relevant to exhibitors):
Have another question? Contact us by email.
Q. Do I get a membership discount?
The membership fee for HiNZ is discounted to $149 (usually $189) for conference exhibitors and delegates. If someone wants to sign up as a member, please tell them to tick 'yes' to join/renew HiNZ when they register for the conference, and they will automatically get the lower membership rate.
Q. Can I send messages to delegates before the conference?
Yes. Approx. three weeks before the conference we launch the conference app. This enables you to see the list of conference attendees (name, job title, organisation) and send messages to individual delegates via the app without breaching New Zealand's strict privacy laws.
Q. Can I bring candy/treats to give away at my booth?
You are allowed to bring small commercially wrapped non-perishable food items to give away (ie. they can't be hand wrapped by you.) But if you wish to giveaway any food or beverage items you must be venue permission first - email Kim.
Q. When is pack-in?
Monday 31 October, 2pm to 6pm. Access to the exhibition hall is not possible prior to 2pm Monday due to health & safety rules. Alternatively you may pack in on Tuesday 1 November from 6.30am to 7.30am. All booths must be set up by 7.30am on 1 November 2016.
Q. When is pack-out?
Thursday 3 November, 4pm to 5.30pm. Pack out begins immediately after afternoon tea finishes at 4pm. The conference sessions finish at 5pm. Exhibitors are not permitted to dismantle or remove their exhibition booth prior to the closing time of the exhibition hall at 4pm Thursday 3 November.
Q. What are the exhibition hours?
- Tuesday 1 November, 7.30am to 7.30pm
- Wednesday 2 November, 8am to 5.30pm
- Thursday 3 November, 8am to 4pm
Q. What are the critical deadlines I need to be aware of?
- Exhibitor registration 23 September – Register now
- Booth design orders 26 September - To order custom booth design & build, contact Nicole Bass at Peek Exhibition on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food sample approval 3 October - Any displays that provide delegates with food or beverage samples need venue approval. Please email email@example.com by 3 October to allow time for the venue to issue your consent.
- Booth furniture orders 12 October - To order furniture and AV for your booth, contact Nicole Bass at Peek Exhibition on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wired internet order 14 October - The venue has free wireless. If you require wired internet, this must be booked with Jacqueline.Brown@skycity.co.nz at SKYCITY in advance using the Wired Internet Form. The cost is $115.00 per connection per day.
- Overhead rigging order 14 October - Signage rigging must be booked with SKYCITY in advance.
- Book delegate bag inserts 14 October - This is free for exhibitors. To book an insert into the delegate bag please fill in this form.
- Deliver delegate bag inserts 26 October - Deliver up to 1200 units to SKYCITY (you are able to supply less units if you wish). The Delegate Bag Insert form MUST be clearly attached to the outside of your materials or they will not be inserted into the delegate bags.
Q. What comes with my booth?
All booths come with 2 x 150 watt spotlights and 1 x 10 amp power point with 4 way multi box and a black & white company sign. All booths are built with 2480mm high white Octonorm panels (do not construct your display higher than 2480mm). If you require furniture, AV, additional signage or additional lighting/power this can be organised at your cost through Peek Exhibition. Contact Nicole on email@example.com
Q. What is the expected attendance?
We are expecting between 1000 to 1200 delegates.
Q. Can I put something in the delegate bags?
Yes, it is free for delegates to put brochures and other printed materials into the delegate bag. (There is a fee for non-exhibitors.) You will need to supply 1200 copies if you want us to put one in every bag. To book a delegate bag insert please fill in this online form.
Q. Does the venue have reliable internet?
We have been assured by SKYCITY Auckland that they have reliable WIFI, however there will be heavy load placed on it from all the devices present. If your booth display is heavily reliant on good internet, then we strongly recommend that you order WIRED internet for your booth from SKYCITY. Click here to get the form.
Q. How can I see where my booth is located on the exhibit floor?
To request a copy of the latest floorplan please contact Kim Mundell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Can my company hold an event in conjunction with the conferences?
Yes, dependent on space availability this can be organised. If you wish to book a room for a company event during 31 Oct to 3 Nov at SKYCITY please contact Kim Mundell on email@example.com
Q. Do all of my staff need to register for the conference?
Yes, all company representatives at your booth must be registered as a conference delegate. Anyone without a delegate badge will be asked to leave the venue.
To register go to http://www.hinz.org.nz/page/RegistrationPrices. Choose the free ‘Exhibitor Pass’ delegate type and follow the onscreen instructions. The workshops on Monday 31 October are optional and you will incur a fee if you wish to attend these.
Each exhibitor/sponsor will receive a set allocation of free registrations, as specified in their HiNZ exhibitor contract. (The number of free registration depends on which package you booked). Exhibitors can purchase heavily discounted ‘exhibitor passes’ at a cost of $395 excl. GST. These registrations include full access to all conference sessions, a delegate bag and free attendance at the Awards Dinner on Wednesday evening. You will pay for these AFTER the conference. HiNZ will collate a list of the exhibitor delegates from each company. After the conference, we will count the number of exhibitor passes claimed by each company. If your company claims more than its allocation of free registrations, HiNZ will invoice your company at the rate of $395 ex.gst per additional delegate.
Please register your staff by 23 September 2016 (to ensure they receive official delegate correspondence prior to the event). If you have questions about the registration process or if you need clarification on your number of free registrations please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. How do I deliver goods to the venue?
Goods must be clearly marked as per the Materials Delivery form. This will enable SKYCITY to deliver your goods to your booth location. Failure to clearly label your goods will result in delays in the receipt of your goods during pack in.
Deliveries must arrive at the venue no earlier Wednesday 26 October. If you wish to deliver something prior to this date, please contact the SKYCITY Events Coordinator. Exhibitor pack in is via the main SKYCITY Auckland Convention Centre entry off Federal St and via the escalators to the exhibition areas. No exhibitors are permitted in back of house areas.
For goods that are too big to be taken into the venue by hand, the loading dock is open from 0700 to 1500 Monday to Friday and is accessible from 88 Federal Street. Exhibitors can off-load large goods here, however approval is required in advance from Jacqueline.Brown@skycity.co.nz at SKYCITY for use of the loading dock. No parking is allowed in the loading dock and vehicles will be towed if left unattended. There is a telephone to call for access if the entry gate is closed.
Q. How do I arrange courier collection after the conference?
SKYCITY does not provide outbound courier services. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to arrange for collection of their own material and it must be collected within 48 hours of the conference close.
If you are leaving items for courier collection at SKYCITY:
- Leave your packaged items at your booth. SKYCITY staff will collect your items to be sent down to the loading dock (outward cage) after pack out is complete.
- Ensure your items are securely sealed.
- Label your items with the correct delivery details, and with mention of the total number of items (use the Exhibitor Materials Collection form).
- Label your items with consignment notes as required by your pre-arranged courier service.
- Pick Up Address is SKYCITY Convention Centre Loading Dock, Federal St, Auckland 1010, phone +64 9 363 7166.
Neither HiNZ nor SKYCITY takes responsibility for goods left at the venue after the conference.