- Format: Your presentation must be in Microsoft Windows PowerPoint or in Prezi.
- Images, movie files, sounds: If your presentation contains images, movie files or sound, please ensure that you embed these files into your presentation. Please also bring these files with you as a precaution. This will be tested in the speaker preparation room by the AV team before your presentation.
- Apple MAC users: All presentation computer equipment at the conference will be Windows based PC's, running Windows7 and Office 10. Macs will not be provided. If your presentation was created on a Mac, please ensure that you have saved it as a Powerpoint file compatible for use on a PC prior to your arrival at the conference.
- Adobe Prezi users: If you are using Prezi you will need to have the Prezi Pro account so you can export the entire file to a USB. We cannot guarantee a stable connection to the internet and will not therefore allow you to use the free internet access version of Prezi.
- Personal laptops: A data show and laptop will be available in the room you are presenting in. You will not be permitted to use your personal laptop for your presentation in the session room.
- Travel: Please save your presentation on two USB memory sticks for security, stored separately during travel.
Formatting tips for slides
- Slide ratio to be 16:9
- There should be no more than 5 x 1 line bullet points per slide
- Optimum title text is 45-55 points and no smaller than 36 points.
- Body text should be at least 26 point - large enough to read from the back of a large and sometimes long conference room.
- Avoid UPPERCASE letters as they are hard to read.
- The amount of information on each slide should be kept to a minimum
- Graphs and diagrams are easier to read, and faster to interpret, than tables or figures.
- Photos or other graphics are good.
- Limit your use of transition effects and animation of each slide. Use of animation to highlight a specific point is great, but you don't want to make people dizzy by overdoing the animation effect.
Supplying your slides
We need to receive your PowerPoint or Prezi files by Wednesday 26 October. (Prior to the conference we will send each speaker instructions on how and where to upload your slides.)
On arrival at venue
1. Visit the AV team in the speaker preparation room: The speaker preparation room is located in Business Suite 1, on level 4 (near the registration desk). You must upload any last minute changes to your presentation slides on arrival at the conference venue, immediately after you pick up your delegate pack at the registration desk. Your presentation will be integrated by the AV team within a session AV folder, to enable a smooth transition between session presenters. If you have any movie or sound files in your presentation these will be tested by the AV team.
2. Check the time and location of your presentation: Please make yourself familiar with the location of your presenting room and ensure you are there at least five minutes before your presentation start time. Facilitators will act as strict timekeepers so please start and end on time under their instruction.
Questions? Please email us